WELCOME TO THE CRYSTAL COAST
If you are visiting our beaches or just looking to explore the area with a different view, I've put together this post to share some of my favorites found right here in Emerald Isle, NC.
The Best Eats
- Kathryn's - hands down the best martinis on the island. If you love peach, you've gotta give this one a try!*
- CaribSea. Incredible fine dining with a wonderful view rooftop.*
- For casual dining: The Trading Post* (also great breakfast), Rucker John's*, Gaffers, and Snapperz.
- Best Barbecue: Shepard's Barbecue
*I have a gluten allergy. I have starred locations that accommodate my needs should this apply to your family as well.
- Emerald Club (live music as well)
- The Growler (live music as well)
- Island Time Tavern
- Beach Bums
- Shark's Den
Stir It Up Coffee Shop
4 J's Bakery
POPULAR BEACH ACCESS POINTS
- The Bogue Inlet Pier
- Western Access at Island Resort and Hotel
- The Pointe
Surf lessons or rentals while you're here? Contact South Swell Surf Shop.
Bike rentals? Hwy 58 Bikes.
For the Kids
The Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores is a must. Parent of a child with sensory challenges? Check their calendar for special events and plan to spend some time in their sensory-friendly play area!
Salty Pirate Waterpark is a BLAST and open seasonally. Get their early if you want a lounge chair.
Village Beach Mart has a great selection of ice cream, treats, and beach toys.
Emerald Forest Mini Golf (or make the short ride over the bridge to MacDaddy's.)
Visit Emerald Plantation Cinema to see a movie.
Emerald Isle Books and Toys for books, puzzles, games, etc.
- St. Patrick's Day Festival (March)
- Beaufort Music Festival (May)
- Emerald Fest (Summer concerts at Western Access)
- SwanFest (Swansboro). Weekly Sunday concerts from Memorial Day - Labor Day
- NC Seafood Festival (Morehead City / September)
- Christmas Parade (December)