When do I need a headshot
There are various reasons that you may need a professional headshot which may include: LinkedIn profiles, business cards, marketing materials and advertisements, social media accounts, etc. If you consider yourself in a professional role you should have at least two to choose from representing your online profile and your standard business card (or passport) photo. We carefully consider how you will be using your images to guide posing for this various marketing materials and ask questions accordingly.
What to Wear
When deciding what to wear for your new headshot or brand session, consider your role and colors that compliment your skin tones. You cannot go wrong with neutrals if seeking a professional look. A colorful tie can demonstrate playfulness without distracting from professionalism.
- Bring 1-2 jackets for Spring/Fall seasons if preferred.
- You can't go wrong with a button up shirt. Make sure there is no pulling in the buttons at the chest.
- Avoid large, loud patterns.
- Keep makeup subtle (unless, of course, you are a makeup artist)
- Bring a lint roller and hairbrush just in case.
- Consider tying your tie beforehand so you can change them quickly.
- Bring 1-2 bowties if preferred.
- Schedule your mani within the last week so your nails are fresh.
- Please do not wear a hair tie on your wrist.
- If you watch tan bothers you - you may leave your watch on.
- Consider a hair style that is consistent with your regular routine. This is not the time to try something new.
- Avoid bright colors like fire engine red and neons.
- If you have red undertones in your skin, acne, or rosacea, we recommend avoiding red/pink in your choice of top.
MULTIPLE OUTFITS AND BRANDING
You are welcome to change outfits during your time but please remember that this takes away from your shooting time. Consider easy to add accessories, jackets, jewelry, or cardigan options.
If you'd like to do full changes, please consider a brand session that allows for 30-60 minutes. The booking fee is $150.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
We will have same-day gallery viewing of your images. This should take approximately 30 minutes to view your images and select those you love for final editing. During this time we are able to discuss cropping, use, and black and white in order to achieve exactly what you need for you and your brand. Morning appointments will receive digital files SAME DAY unless otherwise expressed.
Digital images files are sold separately and are $45 each.