You've planned your Beach Vacation...
Now it's time to schedule a photoshoot to capture the memories of your time spent while there! I recommend booking in advance so that you can schedule a shoot towards the beginning of your stay in the event that there's too much fun in the sun (sunburn). Here are some other helpful things to consider when planning your session:
- Work closely with your photographer to determine the best location for your shoot. If your rental has beach access, this is always the number one choice.
- Windy conditions! If you are concerned about your hair, pull it up and away from your face.
- Wear clothing that you don't mind getting wet and/or sandy.
- Avoid clothing that is too tight or clingy. Make sure tops are fitted properly so that undergarments won't be showing as the wind blows.
- Barefoot is best!
- Coordinate with your loved ones to choose a color palette that is cohesive. Neutral colors and blue tones are always best.
- Please avoid a solid white shirt as well as dressing everyone in the same shirt or color.
- Leave cellphones, keys, and wallets in the car or at the house.
- Consider bringing sand toys for little ones to enjoy.
- Don't hesitate to incorporate surf boards, skim boards, or kite flying to capture your traditions.
- Practice patience with littles as they are most likely going to see this as an additional opportunity to play (and it's encouraged).
"What I love about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever."
Your Local Guide
Not only am I here to capture your family's memories, but as a native to the area, I can make recommendations for the best restaurants, things to do in the area, where to find the live music, who to contact for surf lessons, etc. Headed to The Crystal Coast? I'm your girl. I'd love to chat about what family means to you.